CCMF Subsidy: Policy of Subsidization for Members of HKSCCM to Attend Local Courses Related to Acute and Critical Care Medicine
HKSCCM Members with active contribution to Society and its activities are welcome to apply for subsidy to attend local (Hong Kong) acute and critical care medicine-related courses. Please read this statement for information.
Definitions of terms:
Local courses: Educational courses that occur in Hong Kong or Macau
CCMF: Critical Care Medicine Foundation
HKSCCM: Hong Kong Society of Critical Care Medicine
Member of HKSCCM: Current members or expired members of less than 3 months with membership fees repaid
Active contribution: Within one year before application, being speaker/ chairman of scientific symposium/ tutorial; submission of article/ presentation file/ case report to HKSCCM website; being a committee member of courses/ symposium organized by HKSCCM
Approved courses: Courses pre-approved by CCMF that qualify for subsidization
Days: Working days from Monday to Friday
According to the constitution of the CCMF clause 1.3.1 “To contribute funds to support activities for the exchange and dissemination of critical care medicine knowledge with local and overseas academia and healthcare institutions”, this policy statement is formulated to regulate the subsidization for members of HKSCCM to attend local courses related to acute and critical care medicine.
This policy will be reviewed annually and to be endorsed in AGM of HKSCCM.
Formation of CCMF executive committee:
The committee comprises six members, including the chairman (ex-officio), secretary (ex-officio), treasurer (ex-officio), one senior council member, plus two senior critical care physicians.
For pre-approved courses, an application is passed if there are at least two-third of total votes to support, or if no objection is received after posting for one week. See “Procedure for application of subsidy (for approved courses)”
For courses other than those being included in the attached list, HKSCCM council will be involved in decision making. See “Procedure for application of subsidy (for non-approved courses)
Procedure for application of subsidy (for approved courses):
For courses included in the list of approved courses (see below), a member of HKSCCM can sent a completed application form by E-mail to the Secretary of HKSCCM at least 21 days before the start of the course. If no E-mail reply is received within 5 days of application, the application form should send again to the designated back up Council member.
For all the approved courses, the amount of subsidies will be granted according to the scheme as outlined below:
Original course fee
Minimum $1,000 or 75% of course fee, but cap at $2,000
A crossed cheque will be sent to the member upon receiving the receipt and attending certificate of the approved course.
Any member interested in local courses/ conferences that are not in the approved list could send the details of the courses/ conferences to the Secretary of HKSCCM for consideration of addition to the list of approved courses. This special approval would require approval by the Council of HKSCCM.
The Council of HKSCCM will decide to add the course / conference to the approved list if one-half or more of council members vote to support or if no more than one-third of council members object after posting for two weeks.
The CCMF executive committee will be informed of the decision of the Council of HKSCCM. Final approval will need CCMF executive committee to handle. It is demanded that for application for subsidies in this category, the member should submit all necessary documents at least ten weeks in advance.
1. Basic Lift Support (BLS) Provider Course - Hong Kong Association of Critical Care Nurses; Caritas Medical Center; Association of Hong Kong Nursing Staff
2. Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Provider Course - Hong Kong Association of Critical Care Nurses; Caritas Medical Center; Association of Hong Kong Nursing Staff
3. Advanced Difficult Airway Management Workshop for Nurses (ADAM-N) - The Institute of Clinical Simulation, North District Hospital; Hong Kong College of Anesthesiologists
4. Nursing Intervention of Clinical Emergencies (NICE) Workshop - The Institute of Clinical Simulation, North District Hospital; Hong Kong College of Anesthesiologists
5. Critical Care Nephrology Course for Health Care Profession - Department of Intensive Care, Pamela Youde Nethersole Eastern Hospital
6. Critical Care Respiratory Course - Department of intensive care, Pamela Youde Nethersole Eastern Hospital
7. Inter-Facility and Critical Transport Medicine Course (ICCTM) - Dept of Emergency Medical Services, University of Hawaii; Alice Ho Miu Ling Nethersole Hospital Charity Foundation
8. Trauma Nursing Core Course - Emergency Nursing Association
9. Advanced Trauma Life Support (Provider) Course - Emergency Nursing Association
10. Pediatric Advanced Life Support (Provider) Course (PALS) - Association of Hong Kong Nursing Staff
11. Infectious Disease Courses - Department of Microbiology, The University of Hong Kong
12. Postgraduate Diploma in Advanced Nursing Practice (Intensive Care Nursing) - HKU SPACE
13. Professional Certificate Renal Nursing - HKU SPACE
14. Postgraduate Diploma in Advanced Nursing Practice (Enterostomal Therapy Nursing) - HKU SPACE
15. Clinical Toxicology Worshop- AED of Pamela Youde Nethersole Eastern Hospital; AED of Queen Mary Hospital; Hong Kong Poison Information Centre
16. BASIC Course- Department of Anaesthesia & Intensive Care, the Chinese University of Hong Kong
17. Mechanical Ventilation (Beyond BASIC)- Department of Anaesthesia & Intensive Care, the Chinese University of Hong Kong
18. Asian Intensive Care- Department of Anaesthesia & Intensive Care, the Chinese University of Hong Kong
19. Ultrasound Life Support Basic Level 1 Provider Course- Hong Kong College of Emergency Medicine; World Interactive Network Focused On Critical Ultrasound (WINFOCUS)
20. Research Foundations Workshop Hong Kong- ANZICS Clinical Trials Group; International Forum of Acute Care Trialists (InFACT); Intensive Care Research Coordinator Interest Group (IRCIG).
21. USG Guided Vascular Access and DVT Course - Hong Kong College of Emergency Medicine; World Interactive Network Focused On Critical Ultrasound (WINFOCUS)
22. BASIC Patient Safety Course - Department of Anesthesia & Intensive Care, CUHK.
23. Emergency X-Ray Interpretation for Health Care Professional - A&E Training Centre, Ruttonjee & Tang Siu Kin Hospital.
24. Certificate in Infection Control Course - Department of Microbiology, HKU; School of Nursing, HKU.
25. Rapid Assessment by Cardiac Echo plus Critical Care Ultrasound (RACE Plus)- Nepean Institiute of Critical Care Education & Research of Australia; HK College of Emergency Medicine; Department of Anesthesia of Queen Elizabeth Hospital.